There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Rush seeks to publish fiction, poetry, prose, and art; providing a platform to a diverse body of writers on a transcontinental level, from emerging to established writers. We welcome work both in Spanish and English.
This year we will have three specialized issues:
- Our Spring issue (11) in Black and White: Will be a compilation of works of poetry paired with original art/photography. We will aim to have some printed copies for this issue, so please be sure to submit your art work in black and white only!
- Our Summer issue (12) will celebrate fictional work, including short story, novel excerpt, autofiction, screenplay, theater script, and genre. If it’s fictional work, please submit to this issue. Again, we will be looking to pair original artwork/photography with each author. Please feel free to submit work in color.
- Our Fall issue (13) will feature work of non-fiction, such as personal essay and Memoir, paired with original artwork as mentioned above.
Currently accepting submissions for our Spring Issue(11) – Poetry, from March 26 to April 10, 2022.
- Fiction: 1500 words max. If this is a novel excerpt and you wish us to include a link to the complete piece, you can send it to us upon acceptance
- Script for Theater and Film: First ten pages. Upon acceptance, we will include a link to the entire piece, if you wish for us to do so.
- Nonfiction 1500 words max
- Personal Essay: 1500 words max
- Poetry: 3 poems per submission (3 pp max)
- Flash Fiction: 1000 words or less
- Art: Up to 5 pieces. We will either feature one artist throughout the issue, or publish one piece for each artist accepted for publication.
We aim to respond to all submissions within sixty days. Please feel free to query us if you have not received a response by the allotted time. We are a volunteer-based journal; your patience is appreciated.
We encourage and welcome simultaneous submissions; please let us know by adding a note to your submission if your work has been accepted elsewhere. If you have sent multiple pieces in one submission and must withdraw one-piece or two, there is no need to withdraw the entire submission if there are still some pieces for our consideration.
We do not accept work that has been previously published.
We do not own anyone’s work. The author may republish the work elsewhere after publication. Acceptance grants us non-exclusive North American Serial Rights in print and digital format.
Please include “Full Name” and “Submission Type” in the subject header.
Please note that there is no Payment for your work.